We're just under 3 weeks away from the first Photowalk -- April 28th in Chicago -- of our America By Rail journey. With such a fast paced intensive schedule (8 photowalks, 13 cities, and over 6,000 miles traversed in 45 days) efficiency in packing is super important! Over the past few days I've been working on my gear list. Yesterday I dusted off the old standby Gregory pack, assembled all the gear I could potentially need and am willing to carry even if I don't need it (an important balance), and did a practice pack. Here's what we're looking at:
|SO MUCH GEAR TO CARRY!!!|
- (2) Canon DSLR bodies (only one pictured here b/c I took the photo with the other...)
- Canon 580exII flash with diffuser and gels
- (4) Canon lenses: 50mm, 10-22mm, 17-85mm, 70-300mm
- Lens hoods
- Filters, screw mount magnifier
- Batteries and chargers
- Lens cloths
- Memory Cards in waterproof cases
- Gorillapod Focus with Ballhead X -- Donated to us by JOBY
- Tripod Mounts
- Full size SLIK tripod (not pictured)
- ACER EEE PC with old-school google buzz sticker :-)
- LaCie Rugged XL 2 terabyte storage (here's hoping its enough)
- (2) KATA camera inserts
- 1 Delsey camera insert
Husband Cash, said I wasn't going to get all my gear to fit... well here it is! Suuuuper doable when you're a packing prodigy.
|Packed gear in all it's glory!|
|Ready for a day on the move :-)|
|My, what a prepared and efficient traveler.|
While I was packing, organizing, and exercising... Husband Cash tested the dog's agility with a tennis ball.
|Boys being boys.|
Want to be a part of this super exciting project? RSVP for a photowalk or donate on Kickstarter!