Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Summer is a reminder...

... of why I live in Cape Cod.  Lately, there have been more beautiful days than icky ones here.  There have been so many opportunities to go out and take amazing photographs all over Cape Cod.  Here are a few of my favorites from the past week...

"Quissett Harbor"



"Oyster Pond Dock"

This guy was in our backyard after a rainy afternoon... my elementary school science education was severely lacking, so I had no idea where snails get their shells.  Wikipedia informed me that the shell of the egg they are born out of becomes their first meal, and part of their shell... over time as they grow, the shell gets more and more spirals in it... the bigger the shell, the older the snail.  This snail's shell was only about a quarter inch... 




many more Cape Cod photos coming soon... And check out my installation at The Inkwell Bookstore during June and July... 
















No comments:

Post a Comment