Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spring is in the air -- and that means BABY ANIMALS!

Yesterday afternoon when I put Dutch (our 60 pound blue pitbull/giant cuddly baby) out in the yard, I discovered a baby bird in a tree!  I come from a long line of women who squeal with delight about baby animals.  So when I discovered the baby bird I had to fight my squealing impulse (didn't want to scare it!) and ran for my camera.  After a few minutes
 of photographing I discovered that it wasn't 1 baby bird, but 2!  What's the only thing cuter than 1 baby bird?  2 baby birds!  About an hour after that, I discovered
that it wasn't 2 baby birds, but 3!  There are 3 baby starlings living in a tree in our yard.  After a while the mother bird came back and fed one of the babies!  I completely lost track of time... I didn't go back inside until almost four hours later!  I really had a lot of fun photographing these adorable little birds!  Baby animals are yet another reason why springtime is so exciting. 
 




     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment